Friday, March 09, 2007

Pelican's Micro Cases


Pelican Products came about over 20 years ago as a company that made things to solve scuba divers' problems. Some of that technology works elsewhere, like these nifty Micro Cases that can hold whatever valuable small gadgets you want to keep protected. They come in different sizes, with the smallest one just about right for a pocket digital camera, a PDA, or a mobile phone (a Treo fits too). It's watertight, crushproof, and dustproof.

I got a sample to try out, but wasn't about to test its waterproof claim with my phone--I've got calls to make today! So I stuck one of my kid's little dolls in it, along with a handful of coins to make sure it would sink. Five minutes later, I removed the case from the sink and the inside was as dry as before.

OK, now I will trust it with my phone next time I go on a canoe trip or I've got to carry my digital camera around in the rain. And should you find a compelling reason to go diving with one of these strapped on (please don't tell me you might have to check your crackberry), there's a purge valve to equalize the pressure.

This small one has a listed retail price of $13.95 and they make lots of larger ones for different needs. They come in a variety of colors and have a lifetime guarantee. For the whole array, go to the Pelican Cases section at CableOrganizers.com.

No comments: